Peace Bridge (25 June 11)

Monday, July 4, 2011

4 Jul 11: M talks about soccer school


M here. Today I started soccer camp. I was put with 13 other boys between the ages of 8-10 and we kicked off by practicing dribbling skills.



Then we got to the really fun part: matches. I was wearing my USA jersey. I was picked by the Oranges, so I was just wearing the orange bib after that. The Oranges lineup was this: M (me), M (a different one), L, A and J. L was the tallest person on the team. A is from Vancouver! We played 7 matches and we won 5 and drew 2. Our record was almost 5-1-1, but I slotted a last-second goal to keep us at 5-2-0. Here is how it happened. I had the ball from a cross. I used my new Nike T90s to boot the ball up. Too high, I thought. The goalkeeper thought so too. He stayed on the left. The ball went and went - and flew into the upper-right hand corner! Goal!!!!! And there's the whistle! 2-2. A draw!

My Nike T90s (pictured below) are fabulous! They fit me perfectly and are worn by EPL stars Wayne Rooney and Fernando Torres plus Yaya Toure, who scored the FA Cup winner! Can't wait until Tuesday for another day of camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment