Peace Bridge (25 June 11)

Friday, June 24, 2011

23 Jun 2011: Firebox Grill

After a quiet day of grocery shopping and playing at St Columb's Park, M and I met up with Steve and we headed to County Donegal to have dinner at the Firebox Grill. It is a wonderful little family run restaurant and named for the grill in the center of the restaurant. When we were driving home, the clouds had cleared and the views were beautiful. I didn't have any of the big cameras with me, but did the best I could with my phone.

Click here to view these pictures larger



While I am typing this, M and I are watching Sky Sports News, which is like Sports Center. The big stories here are all about Wimbledon. This morning the interviewer talked to a bird trainer. Why a bird trainer at Wimbledon? They have given a press pass to a Harris hawk so that the hawk can get close to the center court and scare away the pigeons! M says that the press pass says that the hawk's job is "bird scarer." Love it! The interviewer promised that that would be her last interview with a hawk, which M and I were sad to hear. Awww!

p.s. Note in the picture of the grill, there is a little wine rack in the foreground. Steve and I have the same wine rack at home. It was a wedding present from drLaura. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment