Peace Bridge (25 June 11)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Giant's Causeway and Bushmills

Giant's Causeway was absolutely beautiful. Pictures I had seen didn't do it justice and I'm afraid my photos won't either. I'll write more later but, as a start, here are the photos.

Click here to view these pictures larger



Update (13 June 2011)
I had seen video footage of Giant's Causeway on Rick Steves. I had seen others' photos. But nothing (including my own pictures) captures how stunning Giant's Causeway is or how big it is. There are several rock formations, of different heights, all with the hexagonal columns. One of Steve's MN coworkers who recently finished a short term assignment here, after visiting Giant's Causeway, described it as the best kids' playground and M certainly agrees. M climbed and explored each bit of rock.

On the trip out to Giant's Causeway, M told us that before we even knew we were coming to Northern Ireland, his class read and acted out a play based on the folk story about the creation of Giant's Causeway. He said that in the play, the giant says "Now I can get to Scotland in just three steps!" M and his classmates thought that was very funny! A brief version of the legend can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment